Below is a list of some of our publications:
- Kalso E, Aldington DJ, Moore RA. Drugs for neuropathic pain. BMJ. 2013;347:f7339.
- Wiffen PJ, Derry S, Moore RA, Aldington D, Cole P, Rice ASC, et al. Antiepileptic drugs for neuropathic pain and fibromyalgia – an overview of Cochrane reviews. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013 Nov 11;11:CD010567.
- Pergolizzi J, Ahlbeck K, Aldington D, Alon E, Coluzzi F, Dahan A, et al. The development of chronic pain: physiological CHANGE necessitates a multidisciplinary approach to treatment. Curr Med Res Opin. 2013 Jun 20;
- Wyldbore M, Aldington DJ. Effective pain management in the armed forces. Pain Europe [Internet]. 2013 Jun 4;(2):8–9. Available from: http://www.paineurope.com/healthcare-professional/paineurope/features/details/article/effective-pain-management-in-the-armed-forces.html
- Moore RA, Straube S, Aldington D. Pain measures and cut-offs – “no worse than mild pain” as a simple, universal outcome. Anaesthesia. 2013 Apr;68(4):400–412.
- Taylor R, Pergolizzi JV, Sinclair A, Raffa RB, Aldington D, Plavin S, et al. Transversus Abdominis Block: Clinical Uses, Side Effects, and Future Perspectives. Pain Pract. 2013 Feb 13
- Le Feuvre P, Aldington D. Know Pain Know Gain: proposing a treatment approach for phantom limb pain. Journal of the Royal Army Medical Corps. 2013;
- Aldington D, Small C, Edwards D, Ralph J. A survey of post-amputation pains in serving military personnel. Journal of the Royal Army Medical Corps. 2013;
- Wyldbore M, Aldington D. Trauma pain–a military perspective. British Journal of Pain. 2013;7(2):74–78.
- Davey CMT, Mieville KE, Simpson R, Aldington D. A proposed model for improving battlefield analgesia training: post-graduate medical officer pain management day. Journal of the Royal Army Medical Corps. 2012 Sep;158(3):190–193.
- Davey CMT, Mieville KE, Simpson R, Aldington D. A survey of experience of parenteral analgesia at Role 1. Journal of the Royal Army Medical Corps. 2012 Sep;158(3):186–189.
- Aldington D. Pain management in victims of conflict. Curr Opin Support Palliat Care. 2012 Jun;6(2):172–176.
- Pergolizzi J, Ahlbeck K, Aldington D, Alon E, Collett B, Coluzzi F, et al. The chronic pain conundrum: should we CHANGE from relying on past history to assessing prognostic factors? Curr Med Res Opin. 2012 Feb;28(2):249–256.
- Moore RA, Derry S, Aldington D, Cole P, Wiffen PJ. Amitriptyline for neuropathic pain and fibromyalgia in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012;12:CD008242.
- Moore RA, Straube S, Eccleston C, Derry S, Aldington D, Wiffen P, et al. Estimate at your peril: Imputation methods for patient withdrawal can bias efficacy outcomes in chronic pain trials using responder analyses. PAIN. 2011 Nov 3;
- Moore RA, Derry S, Aldington D. From evidence-based medicine to guidelines and recommendations: a long and winding road. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2011 Nov;28(11):753–755.
- Flutter C, Aldington D. Pain priorities in pre-hospital care. Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine. 2011 Sep 1;12(9):380–382.
- Aldington D, Kerns R. Battlefield to Bedside to Recovery. IASP Clinical Update. 2011 Aug 31;29(5):1–6.
- MOD. Codex Issue 8 – Spring 2011. 2011 Jul 21;:1–27.
- Evolution of the Role 4 UK Military Pain Service. 2011 Jun 9;:1–5.
- Keene D, Rea W, Aldington D. Acute Pain Managment in Trauma. Trauma. 2011 May 4;:1–14.
- Müller-Schwefe G, Jaksch W, Morlion B, Kalso E, Schäfer M, Coluzzi F, et al. Make a CHANGE: optimising communication and pain management decisions. Curr Med Res Opin. 2011 Feb;27(2):481–488.
- Aldington DJ, Mcquay HJ, Moore RA. End-to-end military pain management. Philos Trans R Soc Lond, B, Biol Sci. 2011 Jan 27;366(1562):268–275.
- Park CL, Roberts DE, Aldington DJ, Moore RA. Prehospital analgesia: systematic review of evidence. Journal of the Royal Army Medical Corps. 2010 Dec;156(4 Suppl 1):295–300.
- Woods KL, Aldington D. Current epidural practice–results of a survey of military anaesthetists. Journal of the Royal Army Medical Corps. 2010 Dec;156(4 Suppl 1):393–397.
- Focus On Pain. JRAMC. 2009 Jun 11;155(1):45–70.
- Gaunt C, Gill J, Aldington D. British military use of morphine: a historical review. Journal of the Royal Army Medical Corps. 2009 Mar;155(1):46–49.
- Connor DJ, Ralph JK, Aldington DJ. Field hospital analgesia. Journal of the Royal Army Medical Corps. 2009 Mar;155(1):49–56.
- Edwards D, Bowden M, Aldington DJ. Pain management at role 4. Journal of the Royal Army Medical Corps. 2009 Mar;155(1):58–61.
- Flutter C, Ruth M, Aldington D. Pain management during Royal Air Force strategic aeromedical evacuations. Journal of the Royal Army Medical Corps. 2009 Mar;155(1):61–63.
- Jagdish S, Aldington D. The use of opioids during rehabilitation after combat-related trauma. Journal of the Royal Army Medical Corps. 2009 Mar;155(1):64–66.
- Jagdish S, Davies M, Aldington D. Military chronic pain management. Journal of the Royal Army Medical Corps. 2009 Mar;155(1):67.
- Looker J, Aldington D. Pain scores–as easy as counting to three. Journal of the Royal Army Medical Corps. 2009 Mar;155(1):42–43.
- Aldington D. Pain–how to avoid it. Trans Med Soc Lond. 2009;126:187–191.
- Hayakawa H, Aldington DJ, Moore RA. Acute traumatic compartment syndrome: a systematic review of results of fasciotomy. Trauma. 2009;11(1):5–35.
- Aldington D. Collaborative efforts to analyze the effect of early acute pain and long-term outcomes of injured warriors. ATACCC 08. 2008 Jul 22;:1–1.
- Hodgetts TJ, Aldington D, Henning J, Mahoney PF, de Mello WF, Russell MQ, et al. Battlefield Analgesia Review. Birmingham, UK: Royal Centre for Defence Mdicine; 2006.
- Aldington D. Case 26-2001: scleroderma renal crisis and polymyositis. N Engl J Med. 2002 Jun 13;346(24):1916–8; author reply 1916–8.
- Aldington D, Brighouse D. ABC of labour care. Obstetric anaesthetists are important in labour care. BMJ. 1999 Nov 6;319(7219):1270–1271.
- Vassallo DJ, Taylor JC, Aldington DJ, Finnegan AP. “Shattered illusions–the Thiepval Barracks bombing, 7 October 1996”. Journal of the Royal Army Medical Corps. 1997 Feb;143(1):5–11.
Telephone: 01256 377741
Fax: 01256 377665 Address: The Pain Team c/o The Hampshire Clinic Old Basing Hampshire RG24 7AL
Practice Manager: Karen: firstname.lastname@example.org Admin: Michelle: email@example.com Rob Baylis private secretary & medical legal work Name: Philippa Williams Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel / Fax: 023 9225 6300 The Pain Team Limited Registered Company Number: 07204359 Registered in England and Wales